Wall-to-Wall Studios (W|W) is looking for a Senior Web Developer to fill an immediate full-time position in our Honolulu office. (Sorry, no relocation package is provided.)
We're a creatively driven Branding Agency, in a fast-paced collaborative environment focused on delivering innovative, effective work. The candidate's primary role is to lead web development and oversee multiple technical projects for clients, while simultaneously being a hands-on contributor within the agency.
- Interact with clients — Meetings, filtering feedback and presenting jaw-dropping work.
- Contributes to their team with hands-on technical work
- Dedicates a significant portion of time to making sure their team is building the right thing and building the thing right
- Mentoring - Dedicates a significant portion of time to helping other engineers develop
- Be a team player from beginning to end — Collaborate from initial concepts to production ready website.
- Back-end Development — Develop high-quality web applications while improving and maintaining an existing MVC code base in Ruby on Rails.
- Server administration — Deploy websites and applications into a Linux environment. Fine-tune and improve server architecture with benchmarking and load testing.
- Planning — take part in creating the foundations of the various websites we work on by creating sitemaps, wireframes, and content guides to keep everyone involved on the same page.
- Communication — Effectively communicate technical details to non-technical team members and clients. Must be able to give explanations in a compelling, articulate, and occasionally comedic manner via email.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 8+ years of experience in an agency, web studio, in-house or startup environment.
- Be well-versed in object-oriented programming.
- Care about building well-designed, user-centric software
- Be an advocate of user experience, interface design, and web standards.
- Excel in an open, fast-paced work environment
- Have a grasp on front-end coding trends and work with the design team to create engaging responsive solutions.
- Be able to navigate a Linux-based system (most likely Ubuntu) to help provision and maintain servers.
- Have experience creating websites and applications in the technologies listed below and possess an insatiable desire to learn more.
Experience in the following a plus:
- Ruby on Rails
- Wordpress and other open source CMS platforms
- Sass, PostCSS
- Apache, Nginx
- Git, Github
- Linux system administration
- Acceptance testing and behavior-driven development
- Front-end development trends, including Responsive design
- A top-of-the-line development setup
- Great learning and collaborative environment
- Diverse range of clients and assignments
- Benefits including medical, dental and vision
- An awesomely creative and inspiring Hawaii-based studio workspace in an urban loft environment
Wall-to-Wall Studios (walltowall.com) is an award-winning, multidisciplinary creative branding agency. Founded in 1992, we are a boutique strategic firm located in Honolulu, HI and Pittsburgh, PA. Our work spans many industries, and our clients are just as diverse - big, small and in between; local, regional and national. We have experience representing the full emotional and aesthetic spectrum.
As an independent agency, we work closely with our clients to produce smart, branded experiences with consistent, targeted messaging that reinforces strong customer relationships. Our marketing initiatives create awareness, build brands, drive acquisitions, and identify customer behavior - delivering real results to our clients.
We get a lot of resumes sent our way, so please just show us your best stuff. We're always interested in meeting creative, smart, talented, dedicated team players with a sense of humor. (Hey... maybe that's you.)
Wall-to-Wall Studios, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer
(Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.)